Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 4520s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When system Turn-on it displays the login screen, And after typing the pin it goes to black screen with mouse cursor.

I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del to open task manager and run new task regedit then rewrite expolrer.exe in the shell file of winlog then restart the computer temporarily fix the issue.

But again it happens

It seems after windows 10 update.

My pc HP4520 coming with windows7

How to fix the issue?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@DevAsr, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are having a blank or black screen with only the mouse cursor. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you made any software or hardware changes made on the PC?

Was any update/reset interrupted, recently,

What is the screen loading to?

Are you also experiencing slow performance?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard Reset 

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document - Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.