Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Probook 430 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently got in a notebook here, Probook 430 G4. At first glance it looked like the power button was defect because of a dent, but when I pressed the button, the light next to the charger input blinked. It blinked a total of nine times in orange and the last blink was very short. I then thought it was something wrong with the charger I was using so I tried another one without any luck. 

I might still suspect the power button is the cause here, but why would show a reaction to being pressed?

Any help would be appricieated, but preferably advices that won't void the warranty.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

A dent would indicate to me that the notebook had been dropped.

The error is unlikely to be the power button.

There is no such thing as advice that would have an effect on a warranty. Actions taken affect warranty, not words.

There is no blinking power LED code that has 9 blinks.  Please count the blinks again. The maximum number afaik is five. There may be a pause and more blinks occur.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have had this issue and it seemed to have been caused by a bad battery.

I replaced the battery and it started working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.