Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ay034nl
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi, can I change Bluetooth and WiFi chipset on my pc? Or can I change WiFi’s antenna? 

Thanks in advance 

p.s sorry for my bad English 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Well, possible but not easy; here is the Service Manual:

Manual

You have the Broadcom 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 + BT 4.0 card and a single antenna. Its about as good a wireless card as you can have with a single antenna. Stringing a second antenna so you can upgrade to something better is possible but will involve very extensive disassembly of the laptop. Post back if you wish to proceed but please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

I want upgrade only chipset for macos’ compatibility.

HP Recommended

As long as the one you use can work with one antenna you should be fine. Lots of websites out there with info on Hackintosh compatibility. I always thought Mac OS worked with Broadcom wifi. 

HP Recommended

Bcm43142 doesn’t work with Mojave. I want change chipset

HP Recommended

I have done a couple Hackintoshes but am no Expert. Google around and find the card you need and install it. There is no whitelist preventing use of a different card just the practical limitation of the single antenna. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

instead, I can Chang bcm43142 with a m2 ssd? 

HP Recommended

No the wifi M.2 slot is for wifi only

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.