Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Paviion notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  have a HP Pavilion 15 notebook. It came with windows 8 and everything worked fine. Since upgrading to Windows 10, it now appears that there is no Bluetooth capability at all. Yes, I  have updated: the drivers, bios and chipset and yes, I have updated to the very latest version of W10, oh, and yes, I have installed the HP support assistant.  I have followed all of the recommended guides to reinstate it, I have read every forum and watched every video, still nothing but what really gets me is that the so called experts at HP and MS will gladly have me and the thousands of others with he same problem believe that after upgrading to windows 10, the thing that once supplied Bluetooth has got up and walked out of the machine never to be seen again, and the only solution offered is to get a dongle. Really?  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Baskey7261

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Uninstall the Bluetooth driver from device manager on your PC and install the latest driver using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Please try the steps recommended below.

• a)   Open Control Panel by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
  • b)   In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.
  • c)   In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Options tab and do any of the following:
  • d)   To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth devices, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.
  • e)   When a Bluetooth enabled computer is in discovery mode, it broadcasts a wireless signal that allows it to be detected by other Bluetooth enabled computers or devices. This is sometimes called pairing mode.
  • f)   To allow Bluetooth devices to connect to your computer, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.
  • To be notified when a Bluetooth device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.