Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
DV7-6021eg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

does the Broadcom 4313 on my dv7-6021eg has Bluetooth and how can I actived it?

I just installed sp50180.exe on Windows 10 with many problems. But I cant actived it.

It says you need HP Wireless Assistent but how can I get it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sounds like it doesn't have bluetooth, or that method to turn it on would have worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The  Broadcom 4313 wifi adapter should be a combination wifi/bluetooth adapter.

The HP wireless assistant and HP connection manager software don't work in W10.

So, if the Broadcom bluetooth is not showing up in the device manager, you should be able to turn it on as follows...

The easiest way to get the BT to work in that situation is to make a bootable Ubuntu installer from the link below.

https://ubuntu.com/download

Boot from the Ubuntu installer.  Select the option to "Try Ubuntu without installing."

If the PC has bluetooth hardware, you should be able to turn it on in Ubuntu.

Once you do that, shut down the PC, remove the Ubuntu installer, turn it back on and the bluetooth should be enabled and present in the device manager.

HP Recommended

I tried with ubuntu and it says "please connect bluetooth adapter".

So, my notebook hasn't  any bluetooth capability, true?

HP Recommended

Sounds like it doesn't have bluetooth, or that method to turn it on would have worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.