Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 m6 convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I insert an SD card into the SD card reader built into the laptop, the laptop crashes. I get a blue screen that says:

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."

Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

What failed: RtsP2Stor.sys

The laptop is barely 6 months old - model # m6-ar004dx.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Capfs201

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY x360 - m6-ar004dx laptop. I read that when you insert an SD card into the laptop, a BSOD (blue screen of death) appears saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you".  Thanks for sharing the error code. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Have you tried using multiple SD cards and checked if the error appears?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "Memory technology devices". Right click on "Realtek PCIE Card reader" and select uninstall.
  • Close the device manager after the drivers are uninstalled. 
  • Please restart your laptop.
  • Now, you may download and install the card reader drivers from this link
  • Once the drivers are installed, once again restart the laptop.

Please insert an SD card and check the performance. If the issue persists, please perform a Windows refresh (repair). This will not delete your personal data and will fix any corruption in the Windows operating system and the drivers. The steps in this link are for Win8 and should work for Win10 too.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.