Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi Velant

Just looked on HP forum and there are many posts about cameras not working on your PC and many other HP's

I suggest you go back to Device Manager and Imaging Devices and go to the Update Driver, select that. You should then see the following;

HP1.JPG

Select Browse my computer etc and you will see;

HP2.JPG

Ensure same options selected  and click next

HP3.JPG

Now when I did this for the first time I had a choice of 2 drivers one was the driver that did not work and the other was the driver that did work and I selected that one.

I then ensured that was accepted by Device Manager.  I also made sure that I did a RESTART and after that the camera worked. It kept working until I switched off the computer obviously. Switch on again camera did not work but did when I selected RESTART. I lived with this for several months until I discovered Fast Startup and disabled that.

Let me know how that goes. I assume Win 7 has the same Device Manager as Win 10

Best wishes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.