Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen

Hello!

Recently noticed a bump by my TouchPad, from my research on here it seems to be a swollen battery(?) I don't mind opening up my laptop to replace the battery but don't exactly know which is the right battery replacement. 

If I could get some help on this that would be great! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi jxllybean ,

As you didn't mentioned the exact HP reference I can't provide you a link for a brand new battery but generally, yes it's the battery that inflates.

Opening a laptop is a stressful operation but it's doable using video tutorials, patience and plastic spatula/plectrum.

By the way, if your laptop is still covered by its warranty, go where you bought it 🙂

System and network administrator since 2004. Sometimes I help you, sometimes you help me. If my answer helped you, feel free to thumb up 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello!

Thank you so much for your response it is a HP Omen Laptop (17-w208ca). If it's not too much to ask if you'd know which one specifically? 

Thank you again. 🙂

HP Recommended

You are very welcome.

Perfect, HP provides official videos for your laptop.

So you'll have to:

1. Replace Open the Base Enclosure (that won't be as easy as shown in the video, process with care)
  2. Replace the battery 

To find a provider for your battery, you can use http://partsurfer.hp.com/

Use your serial number in order to find exact part you need.

Remember:

1. Use a rubber surface when turning your laptop upside down to avoid stripes and that the laptop slips,
  2.  Open carefully your computer (warranty can void, you may damage your computer so be careful),
System and network administrator since 2004. Sometimes I help you, sometimes you help me. If my answer helped you, feel free to thumb up 🙂
HP Recommended

HP provides official videos for your laptop.

1. Put your computer on a rubber surface to avoid stripes and scratches on the top cover when putting it upside down.
  2. Open backcover (this wont be as easy as in video because you open it for the first time).
    1. Use plastic spatula/plectrum and adapted screwdriver.
  3. Dismantle the battery.
  4. You can check for your battery reference thanks to HP PartSurfer (input your country and laptop's serial number).
  5. With the reference, you'll easily find online sellers.

Even if you don't replace the battery (gaming laptop always need full power lol so to be plugged in) put the battery appart of the laptop in order to keep enclosures healthy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.