Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP15-cs2XXXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi FOLKS:

FOR QUITE SOMETIME I HAVE BEEN FACING THE PROBLEM OF INTERMITTENT SWITCHING ON AND OFf of the cAPS LOCK KEY. The genesis of this problem appears to have been when i began noticing that the mouse pointer icon would disappear momentarily from the screen. now there is this added problem of caps lock key switching on and not turning off even after the key is depressed.

MY COMPUTER IS A HP pavilion 15 cs-2xxxx running WINDOWS 10-64 BIT EDITION

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PG1212

I reviewed your post and I understand that the caps lock light is turning on and off randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the computer booting to Windows? If no, then follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01732674

If yes, then update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and restart the computer.

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@PG1212

I reviewed your post and I understand that the caps lock light is turning on and off randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the computer booting to Windows? If no, then follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01732674

If yes, then update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and restart the computer.

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I CARRIED OUT THE STEPS YOU SUGgeSTED, WHICH ARE:
A) I installed A NEw sET of Graphics DriverS
B) when STEP A seemed unsuccessful, I proceedED TO uninstall the drivers for the keyboard.

But even after the above two steps, I am sorry to report that the problem persists.

(PS: Apologies for the mixed text, THAT IS HOW THE KEYBOARD IS NOW BEHAVING)

HP Recommended

@PG1212

Did you update the BIOS? If yes, what is the version of the BIOS installed on your computer?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for your continued assistance!

The BIOS driver version currently installed on my computer is 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild. 160101.0800).

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

@PG1212

That is the version of Windows. However, help me with the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The CAPS LOCK key problem is now finally resolved. Thank you for your assistance!

There were a few updates that were pending and once that was done, the problem was rectified.

Thank you once again!

HP Recommended

@PG1212

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.