Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have - HP - Pavilion x360 2-in-1 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB SSD + 16GB Optane - Luminous Gold Model: 14M-DH1003DX.

I need to buy external CD-DVD reader/writer drive.

What drivers are compatible with it? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You shouldn't need any drivers for it, but you will need to install DVD playing software such as VLC media player, or sometimes the drive may include software you can install.

HP Recommended

Hi,

My HP - Pavilion x360 2-in-1 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - 14M-DH1003DX has no drive, but I have a CD. How can I open the CD? I need a drive, right!

HP Recommended

Yes, you indicated you needed to buy an external USB DVD drive to open a CD/DVD, did you not?

You asked what drivers are compatible with it, and I indicated that you don't need drivers to install a USB DVD drive.

If you want to know what USB device is compatible, pretty much all of them are.

I have an ASUS external USB DVD writer...

Amazon.com: ASUS ASUS LITE Portable USB 2.0 Slim 8X DVD/ Burner +/- Rewriter External Drive, Compati...

This one is an Amazon's choice...

Amazon.com: External DVD Drive, USB 3.0 Portable CD/DVD +/-RW Drive/DVD Player for Laptop CD ROM Bur...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.