Did you mean: 
Ahmadkok
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

CD-DVD reader/writer drive.

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have - HP - Pavilion x360 2-in-1 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB SSD + 16GB Optane - Luminous Gold Model: 14M-DH1003DX.

I need to buy external CD-DVD reader/writer drive.

What drivers are compatible with it? 

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,291 119,404 20,744 31,841
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You shouldn't need any drivers for it, but you will need to install DVD playing software such as VLC media player, or sometimes the drive may include software you can install.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Ahmadkok
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

My HP - Pavilion x360 2-in-1 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - 14M-DH1003DX has no drive, but I have a CD. How can I open the CD? I need a drive, right!

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,291 119,404 20,744 31,841
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, you indicated you needed to buy an external USB DVD drive to open a CD/DVD, did you not?

You asked what drivers are compatible with it, and I indicated that you don't need drivers to install a USB DVD drive.

If you want to know what USB device is compatible, pretty much all of them are.

I have an ASUS external USB DVD writer...

Amazon.com: ASUS ASUS LITE Portable USB 2.0 Slim 8X DVD/ Burner +/- Rewriter External Drive, Compati...

This one is an Amazon's choice...

Amazon.com: External DVD Drive, USB 3.0 Portable CD/DVD +/-RW Drive/DVD Player for Laptop CD ROM Bur...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation