Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-ck0599sa
Microsoft Windows 11

I wish to upgrade the RAM on my CK-0599SA .It currently has the standard 2 x 4GB ram .I have seen that the max allowable is 16 GB although in some places it is quoted as 32 GB ie 2x16 GB .

Would appreciate if someone could advise.

I am not that PC smart so can you also advise on what type of Ram would best fit the bill .Currently  see that it is DDR4 2400hz CL 22 .

Would my laptop support a higher HZ speed ?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates the max memory is 2 x 8 GB.

c06146800.pdf (hp.com)

Since your notebook has an Intel 8th generation core processor, most likely it will support 2 x 16 GB of memory.

You can confirm that by running this command:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and press the Enter key.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

The memory your notebook has installed should be DDR4-2400 CL17.

DDR4-3200 memory would have a CL of 22.

The fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at would be 2400 MHz.

Run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below and it will show you the specifications of the memory HP installed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates the max memory is 2 x 8 GB.

c06146800.pdf (hp.com)

Since your notebook has an Intel 8th generation core processor, most likely it will support 2 x 16 GB of memory.

You can confirm that by running this command:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and press the Enter key.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

The memory your notebook has installed should be DDR4-2400 CL17.

DDR4-3200 memory would have a CL of 22.

The fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at would be 2400 MHz.

Run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below and it will show you the specifications of the memory HP installed.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much -you have solved my problem this laptop can take 32 GB ram 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.