2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CMOS 502 error

17-g133cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello everyone,

I purchased a new motherboard for my 17-g133cl and put it in.  It is the correct model. I verified with the store I purchased from and physical inspection.

I got a CMOS 502 error. I took the battery out for about 5 minutes that did not help.

The error message reads

"The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted. Please check your bios options to see if they change." 

I let it reboot and it goes into a loop between automatic repair and diagnosing your PC. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,584 20,196 1,689 2,764
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CMOS 502 error

@MollyDee To resolve a BIOS issue, install the latest BIOS for your computer. See Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers for more information.

Refer to one of the following links for information about restoring the BIOS on your computer:

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MollyDee Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CMOS 502 error

When I run the HP Flash Utility it gets all the way through making the USB and then the program crashes.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,584 20,196 1,689 2,764
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CMOS 502 error

@MollyDee I suggest you try with an alternate device, if the usb is crashing while its being used on the device with the issue and the bios isn't being recovered, this could determine a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options,

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation