Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1019nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OMEN by HP 15-dc1019nw

GTX 1660TI

I5-9300H

2x8GB

FHD 15 '144HZ

CPU temperatures in games jump from 80 to 99 degrees. In COD Warzone it is usually kept at 95-98 degrees, Watch Dogs 2 - 98 degrees with CPU load maybe 50%.

The temperatures are the same on the stress test.

I bought this laptop about six months ago and immediately replaced it with a silentium pc. The temperatures dropped a bit, but I have the impression that after a while they are the same again.

Does anyone have or had just such a laptop? What are your temperatures like?

The games are great, but the work culture and the CPU temperatures are starting to bother me a bit. I do not know how much it can withstand such temperatures :). I play sporadically.

The graphics temperature at a load of 95-100% is 69-75 degrees, also here it is not a problem. I also use a cooling pad.

I know that there will probably be comments soon, that it should not be like this, etc., but I would also like to hear the opinions of people who have dealt with this laptop

Thank You , Greeting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@wolek0606

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

up

HP Recommended

@wolek0606

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

To get the answer to this question, I must let you know that it's normal for a gaming PC to heat up.

Use the below steps:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • Click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After applying the settings, the temperature has dropped maybe 2 degrees, and in some games I don't see a difference at all. The appearance of the desktop is tragic: D

HP Recommended

Maybe undervolting ?

HP Recommended

I found a reason! On the stress test, CPU usage is 100%. The photo shows how the temperature jumped to 98 degrees. Moments later, the temperature dropped to 83 and remained there. Why? Because the Fans turned on at max using 100% CPU. In games, the CPU load is up to 50%, so fans do not work at max, but less - hence the high temperature. I need software that will allow me to set the fans to maximum. What kind of software is it? In Omen Center I don't have the Fans control option.

https://ibb.co/7RM04Z4

HP Recommended

@echo_lake? 

HP Recommended

@wolek0606

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows) You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But I have the latest software installed. the latest bios, the latest chipset drivers from the official hp website. I think that there is no point in reinstalling windows, because nothing will change. I would prefer a program that can turn on the fans at max. @Echo_Lake do You can me tell what program do this?

HP Recommended

@wolek0606

Try Fn+F key which will enable max fan or open up HP OMEN Control - Advance tab to check max. fan option.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.