Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-da0511sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got a HP 15-da0511sa and I am thinking about a proccessor upgrade as the i3 is a bit slow and I would like some better graphics but I don't know if you can upgrade the cpu. Does anyone know or will I have to take my computer apart just to find out?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Barty200 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade the CPU.

Do not worry. I will try to help you.

If you would like to upgrade the processor, then you have to replace the system board.

Your laptop support, following processor.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700U processor L78725 xx1

AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor L78724 xx1

AMD Ryzen 3 3200U processor L78723 xx1

AMD Athlon 300U processor L78722 xx1

You can check the manual ( page number 15) as well.

(HP does not recommend upgrades as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed in HP articles are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ

Or alternatively, Contact HP for setting up an order/service via phone support   

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have a intel core i3-7020u and you recommended me a amd processer, are we talking about the same laptop? 

HP Recommended

@Barty200

I understand your concerns.

The product specifications show that you have an I3 processor. 

In the manual shoes that AMD processor.

I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the upgrade. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@praveen196  HP has simply posted the incorrect Manual on the OP's laptop home page; AMD rather than Intel. But your answer is correct. As a practical matter upgrading the processor is not a thing. The cost of replacing the motherboard is very close to the cost of a new laptop, even assuming you can find the upgrade motherboard in the parts pipeline. Trying to upgrade a recent model laptop CPU (and or video) is just not a practical plan. To increase performance focus on storage (upgrade to SSD) and memory (RAM). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.