Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion G7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I have two laptops. One is a Dell Latitude e5430. I used to use that one instead of this one, but now I am using this one because that one has a part fault that I haven't found yet. So instead of fixing it, I am trying to replace parts. My current core is an Intel Core i3-2350M 2.30GHz and I want to replace it with an Intel Core i5-4200M 2.5GHz. Is this possible to do or are they not compatible?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the exact model or product number of the notebook so we can see the compatible CPUs.

Model number

It is not possible to go from a 2nd gen to a 4th gen Intel Core CPU. However, you can most likely insert a more powerful 2nd gen CPU.

So, let me know,

David

HP Recommended

I would do that, but I don't know how to find the exact model number.

HP Recommended

Ok, I found out which g7 it was, and it was a HP Pavilion g7-1338dx Notebook PC.

HP Recommended

So, after researching again, the core that my Dell Latitude had was actually an Intel Core i5-3360M dual-core CPU . Is this upgradeable with my version of HP Pavilion G7?

HP Recommended

Ok, the final research done for the core, it was actually a i5-3210M. (I keep messing up, lol.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.