cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3
34 15 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Camera and fingerprint reader not working for Windows Hello after upgrade to Windows 20H2

HP Recommended
15-bs2324wm and 15-da0053wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two HP laptops. I just did a clean complete install of Windows 20H2 on one. The Eikon fingerprint reader I have no longer shows up in Device Manager as a Biometric Input device- instead it shows up under Other Devices, with a yellow warning triangle that the driver is not installed. Windows was unable to find a driver for it. Windows Hello under settings says there is no compatible fingerprint reader installed. It also tells me there is no Windows Hello compatible camera installed, whereas before under the previous version it worked. 

The other laptop was upgraded using an in-place upgrade to 20H2. It recognizes the Eikon, shows it under Biometric devices in Device Manager, that it is functioning properly. Under properties, it shows 5 files for the driver. I copied these into the proper directories on the non-functioning laptop, but that didn't change things. It still shows up under other devices, no driver, and still is not recognized for Windows Hello.

The laptop which works with the Eikon also shows no Windows Compatible Camera.

Any suggestions? I did a search for updated drivers and came up empty.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,993 27,978 1,858 2,493
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mjw72652

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number (The one on which you are facing the issue) and the exact model for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation