Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP15 I5/4/1TB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've done a few searches on this but can't find the answer this is a new laptop, I've downloaded all the updates according to the HP assistant and windows update.

When I turn the camera on the results are a grainy image, when I have scanned a document in the PDF is grainy too - all the display settings are the defaults and recommended 

HP15 I5/4/1TB

Is it just the case that the camera is crap on this model - there's no sticker covering the lens I've checked this too!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LisaM2

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the camera quality is grainy or low,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Which application are you using with the camera? 

Did you check with an alternate application, such as Skype, YouCam or the windows built-in app?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

The webcam works, but the image is too dark or the video is choppy.

If the image is too dark, take the following actions:

• Make sure your video recording environment has good lighting.

• Change the image quality, brightness, contrast, and other adjustments in the webcam software.

To resolve problems with choppy playback, take the following actions:

• Reduce the size of the video image in the webcam software.

• Use a high-speed Internet connection.

• Do not use other high-speed USB devices while using the webcam.

To troubleshoot other video quality problems, refer to one of the following HP support documents:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply - I got an exchange as the laptop was 1 week old but the quality is the same - it does get better in brighter lighting but to be honest it's not very dark where I am using it.  I have done all the fixes and downloaded the Youcam but the quality on this laptop for this cam is really poor in my opinion.

HP Recommended

@LisaM2

Thank you for responding,

I understand your concern and to help you out, 

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.