Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-ch0000 (23S97AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I've been trying to configure Hello Face Logon (that I use with an older professional Elite Book), but Windows says that no compatible device is found (model HP ENVY 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-ch0000).

It's seems strange that a rather recent computer, with a rather "rich" configuration doesn't provide a compatible camera.

Does anyone confirm that ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PM1962 

What is your HP ENVY 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-ch0000 (23S97AV)  machine ?  It could be one of the following over 70 machines

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/product/product-specs/hp-envy-17.3-inch-laptop-pc-17-ch0000/model/21002...

For example :         HP ENVY Laptop 17-ch0175ng

Your machine should have same ports, camera ... It only has an HP Wide Vision 720p HD camera with camera shutter and integrated dual array digital microphones. You need a 3D/IR camera to be able to use Windows Hello Face logon.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PM1962 

What is your HP ENVY 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-ch0000 (23S97AV)  machine ?  It could be one of the following over 70 machines

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/product/product-specs/hp-envy-17.3-inch-laptop-pc-17-ch0000/model/21002...

For example :         HP ENVY Laptop 17-ch0175ng

Your machine should have same ports, camera ... It only has an HP Wide Vision 720p HD camera with camera shutter and integrated dual array digital microphones. You need a 3D/IR camera to be able to use Windows Hello Face logon.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello.

You're probably right. I'm a bit disappointed, thinking this computer should have a better camera. I have to say that when I selected it, i've mainly looked at the processor family, memory capacity, disk, ports, and so on, and no so much at the camera features.

I think I can survive without Hello face logon 😉 !

Thanks for your answer.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.