Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the same exact issue with my camera! with being confined to home for work, i need the camera to help with attending the class for the school I work for.

my computer is:

HP BEATS SPECIAL EDITION 15-p017au NOTEBOOK PC

PRODUCT # G6R14UA

I also get an error code 0xA00F4244 saying no camera is attached 

I hope you can help me

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@LucyOC

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Does Webcam is listed in Device Manager?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• Firstly, let's Restart your computer.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Image: Scan for hardware changes

1. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

If problems persist, the webcam might have become unplugged internally, and the computer might require service to correct the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Good morning My answers to your bullet questions: - I know that my laptop is updated to windows 10 - I have not made any changes to my computer myself. - I have made no setting changes - no haven’t used this camera feature before but need it now for working at home. I work for my township school district and I have tried accessing my video through a site called ZOOM and it says that it cannot find my camera and I know that I have one - when I go to device manager, I select camera then I see spca2082 pc camera I check for updates or hardware changes and there are non
HP Recommended

@LucyOC

Thank you for posting back. 

• Are you able to see the webcam device in device manager? this will confirm that hardware is present.
  • Are you able to use Skype or other video calling app? 

Let's test your video to confirm that the correct camera is selected and adjust your video settings ( by ZOOM )

1. Make sure that all other programs that utilize the camera are not using the camera or are closed.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Uninstall the Zoom client and reinstall the latest version from our Download Center
  4. Visit your device's support and downloads page to update the camera driver:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have seen your answers to other questions online. I was troubleshooting my Webcam and came across an answer you wrote. Your answer doesn't match my problem in that question I figured what's to lose by asking you and seeing if you reply. I have a Skype Interview (Ugh) and I can't get my webcam to act as a webcam. On Skype, the people can now hear me but they can not see me. The light goes on for my webcam as it should but the other people just see Black. The webcam is an HP HD webcam. I am using an HP ProBook 4540s. Could you throw an answer my way if you have the time, please? I would crown you Queen (King?) of the HP User (Web) Camera cam Quiz if so! Mahalo Ahead of time. You represent HP well with your troubleshooting replies! Be Wishes for Peace and Humanity Aloha1 1Aloha2u2!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.