Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-ce1013tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Read somewhere that come of the HP Pavilion 14 Series could charge with the Type-C USB Port, can my model, 14-ce1013tx specifically, charge from a power source, with the Type-C USB port? What I mean by that is, if my laptop is capable of receiving power from the Type-C port? 

Here are the details: 

My laptop: 14-ce1013tx

My powerbank: Verbatim 20000mAh 100W PD&QC 3.0 Power Bank 

I have checked the power bank itself, and is using the cable that was supplied with the power bank, which can handle a Maximum of 60W.

I intend to use the powerbank to supply power for my laptop. However, it seems that instead of giving power to my laptop, the power bank took power from it, and I saw the powerbank went from 96% power to 98% while the power in my laptop drained quicker than usual. 

Is there any way that I can somehow switch the input and output? so that my laptop will be the one receiving the power instead of giving? Is my laptop capable of receiving power from USB Type-C? Or does USB Type-C charging only means that my laptop can give power but not receive? 

edit: I forgot to mention but the verbatim power bank provides both input and output from it's type C, and the cable Im using is type c <-> type C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HH90,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Unfortunately, the USB-C port on your laptop cannot be used as a charging point: it does not have the 'lightning' symbol such as shown here:

NonSequitur777_1-1664985084281.png

Instead, you have the 'regular' data enabled USB-C port:

NonSequitur777_0-1664984805989.png

Link: Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your USB-C port is data only. It will put out power to, for example, charge a cell phone but there is nothing you can do to use that port for charging the battery. 

HP Recommended

@HH90,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Unfortunately, the USB-C port on your laptop cannot be used as a charging point: it does not have the 'lightning' symbol such as shown here:

NonSequitur777_1-1664985084281.png

Instead, you have the 'regular' data enabled USB-C port:

NonSequitur777_0-1664984805989.png

Link: Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.