Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 13-ay0003nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The battery gets incredibly hot during fast charging – so hot, in fact, that it genuinely worries me because of the ongoing heatwave in my country. But even without the heatwave, the expected amount of heat generated during fast charging will greatly speed up the degradation of the battery cells (it shipped at 98% health, and it’s already gone down to 96% within a month). So, if possible, I'd like to be able to turn it off and just charge the laptop at a more reasonable speed. I tried using my 15-watt USB C phone charger (which would be a great fit for slow and safe overnight charging), but the HP Support Assistant throws me an error telling me to use a different charger... I'm not quite sure why it even supports USB C charging if you can't just use your pre-existing charger with it - but that's beside the point.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DriverProblem

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, To get the answer to this question the 15-watt USB-C phone charger will not charge your computer. 

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that your computer support for 65 W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, EM, RC, 4.5 mm) and 65 W AC adapter (non-PFC, 4.5mm, non slim, 1.8-m)Support for a 1.0 meter, C5 conventional power cord with sticker.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate the reply, and I know you have your quotas to meet, but please read my question more carefully. The reason why I considered using my phone's USB C charger was solely to circumvent the default fast-charging behaviour of the included 65-Watt charger. Or do you mean to say that the aforementioned chargers do not support fast charging and are thus a solution to my problem?

HP Recommended

@DriverProblem

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, you can charge the laptop only with DC in ac adapter.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.