Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14-cm0012nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I'm looking to upgrade the motherboard in my laptop. I like the small design and I'm comfortable with it. But it simply does not have the power I need for what I want to use it for. Its basically a document writing laptop for me at the moment to which I have to transfer the data to another computer for any execution or building of my software. I'd like to extend my capabilities with this machine and I can't seem to find out what series this chasis is. I see acxxx asxxx anxxx and an assortment of others that have a list of compatible motherboards on their data sheet but I can't seem to find this model anywhere but on its own information sheet. I'm obviously missing something key in my search to get the answer im looking for, so I was hoping the community might have an idea of the product sheet I'm looking for that has the motherboards compatible with this chasis. Can someone pretty please give me a link to the pdf product sheet I need? 

Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SinisterMachine

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the supported motherboards for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Refer to the below service guide for your computer and it has all the information about the supported motherboards on your computer.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06245114

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SinisterMachine

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the supported motherboards for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Refer to the below service guide for your computer and it has all the information about the supported motherboards on your computer.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06245114

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi i did loads of browsing but i cant find14z-cm100 anywhere, im assuming its got the Ryzen™ 5-3500U in it, and it would be exactly what I'm looking for (assuming it's got the m 2 ssd slot) might u be able to point me to where I could find this mb? Or if ive got the product wrong, could you also reference the correct product please? Thanks for your assistance

HP Recommended

This is the motherboard with the strongest CPU:

For use in models with UMA graphics memory:
● AMD Ryzen 5-3500U processor L46792-xx1

-601 would include a Windows 10 license embedded in the BIOS and -001 does not (models with this motherboard were delivered with FreeDOS). 

This motherboard will have UMA (integrated) video. There is a motherboard with dedicated video but a Ryzen 3:

For use in models with discrete graphics memory:
● AMD Ryzen 3-3200U processor L46793-xx1

We got a lot of inquiry about upgrading motherboards but very very few people go through with it as the expense is rarely justified. These motherboards cost a high percentage of the cost of a new laptop. Certainly one of the high end motherboard will cost more than you paid for the laptop. Even if you put in this motherboard you are going to be limited by the 1366 x 768 screen. 

But here is the motherboard with Ryzen 5 for $150 brand new so in this case it might be worth it if you can do the labor yourself. Post back if you need more help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Notebook-14-CM-Ryzen-5-3500U-Vega-8-L47517-601-L46792-601-Laptop-Motherb...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the listing, its exactly what I'm looking for, and yes I can do the labor myself, so in sense hell be saving money for a mid end laptop that can do what id like it to be able to do. Im rebuilding it for a friend and its a bit cheaper for the mobo than I expected. I do have to ask, though I couldn't quite make it out with the heatshield is the processor on these models soldered or do they come separate? That could be a deal breaker if separate, an have me telling him to use his current as a paperweight haha. 

HP Recommended

The processor is soldered to the board. Make sure there is a heatsink in the laptop now. I think there is with the AMD E2 but not sure. As you have seen it is a very low end processor. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.