Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15t-cs300 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

I need to expanded my storage since it almost full and I don't want to do external storage since I'm always on the go. I would also like to use an SSD as a boot for Linux.  Wanted to check if I can install a Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5" SSD since I currently have a Intel Optane in my PCIe. I opened my laptop and saw that I was missing the bracket and cable. I checked the Maintenance and Service Guide for my laptop, HP Pavilion 15t-cs300 CTO, would I just need these two parts (listed below) and would it be compatible with my device? Do I need to do anything else to run the SSD?

Parts needed under Mass Storage Devices:

-3 Hard Drive Brackets L19469-001 

-4 Hard Drive Cable L23889-001

Computer Specs:

15.6" diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)
No DVD or CD Drive
512 GB Intel® SSD + 32 GB Intel® Optane™ memory
16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2x8GB)
Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo(MU-MIMO supported)
Mineral Silver
HP Wide Vision HD Camera + Dual Mic (Mineral Silver)
3-cell, 41 Wh Lithium-ion prismatic Battery
Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)+Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mike_ctrlaltdel,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand need information on your HP Pavilion - 15t-Cs300 CTO. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To answer your question, as per the service guide and manual there is One internal expansion slot for M.2 SSD: Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC

Reference Picture:

Please visit HP Parts Store to order any part related to your product. 

Please refer to this document: HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Ordering HP certified replacement parts

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.