Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks Richard going to pick up the laptop now, then I'll order the memory for it, I assume 16gb is a fairly noticeable difference to the 4gb it comes with? 

Thanks again.

Bruce

HP Recommended

I would like to make a note.
If possible don't buy 1Rx16 modules, but prefer 1Rx8 or 2Rx8 ones.
The speed of 1Rx16 ones is till about 25% lower.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Beware-of-the-single-rank-x16-RAM-kits-sneaked-in-some-laptop-models-T...

"The x8 modules have a better internal configuration made up of four bank groups, whereas the x16 chips only have two bank groups"

HP Recommended

Not sure to be honest as I didn’t even turn it on before I did the upgrade. It certainly should be a noticeable difference. 

the laptops not mine (it’s my mother in laws) so I haven’t had much time with it myself but from what I could see, it seemed pretty fast. 

HP Recommended

Brilliant, well I have got the new laptop so will get the memory sorted thanks 

Bruce

HP Recommended

Great. 

good luck and let me know how you get on if you get a chance

HP Recommended

Cheers will do 

HP Recommended

Hi. I want to know if we can add a new ram, like if we have another empty slot available? Or we must replace the existing ram with upgraded ram?

Are there two slots?

Actually My laptop is HP 15s‑FQ4XXX. But I found this question the closest.

HP Recommended

Thank you Huffer. I was about to upgrade to 16GB then looked at what you said about my 15s-fq4553sa being upgradable to 32GB. It took about 30 mins to install and get it back up running and now is unbelievably fast. Please keep up your fantastic advise. Thanks again AndyON

HP Recommended

Hi Alihassan, I have just upgraded the ram on my 15s-fq4553sa. It came with 4GB so if you want a small upgrade you could buy another 4GB memory for the spare memory slot. It would have to match the memory you have installed now. Alternatively for about £55.00 you can get either 2 X 8GB memory or 1 X 16GB memory from amazon. I went all out and got 2 X 16GB and it is now super fast. I used       https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08C511GQH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1          memory.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.