Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17-ak000 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade the memory in my HP 17z-ak000 CTO?  It came with 8gb.  I want to max it out.  I cannot find the product specs on the HP site anywhere.  I would need to know what the max memory is.  It has 2 slots.  And does it come installed with 2 x 4gb or 1 x 8gb?  Pictures below.  1) screen shot from a program I ran from HP.com  2) model info Thanks

screen shot from laptop after running a troubleshooting program from hp.comscreen shot from laptop after running a troubleshooting program from hp.com20191123_141753.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It is DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM and downclocks to 1866 speed. The model you have is specifically called the 17-ak007na and it is 2 x 4 gb modules not 1 x 8. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Specs 

Page 46 of the Manual talks about memory replacement procedure. 

Since you have the A9 and not the Ryzen system your max memory is 16 gb (2 x 8gb)

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.