Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14m-ba011dx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello! Can I use SSD M.2 NVMe in HP Pavilion x360 14m-011dx? I didn’t find any information about that. It has the same key as original SSD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So I used Western Digital 1TB SSD NVMe with M key (WD SDBPNPZ-1T00-1006A) and it works. I didn’t finish setup and didn’t do any additional test, just saw it in BIOS and started windows setup

If anyone need to see how SSD slot looks, here you go

A97208EB-1DD2-4A4B-809A-C0CAB137888D.jpeg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates that only M.2 SATA SSD's are supported in the HP Pavilion x360 - 14m-ba0xx model series.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion x360 14m Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intende...

HP Recommended

Hello. I saw this answer from another’s topic, but this manual say nothing about 14m-ba0xx model. I see only  information about 14m-ba2xx, 14-cc0xx and 14t-cc000

HP Recommended

Hi:

You are correct.  The manual indicates that the 14m-ba2xx, 14-cc0xx and 14t-cc000 support NVMe SSD's.

The part where you are not correct is where you indicate that the manual says nothing about 14m-ba0xx model.

Chapter 1, page 2...It says the following, and I quote:

For use on all computer models:   The all computer models includes the 14m-ba0xx model series.
● 512-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive with TLC
● 256-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive
● 128-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive

Now, if you want to experiment with a NVMe SSD in your notebook, that is up to you.

But the manual indicates that only SATA M.2 SSD's are supported.

HP Recommended

Thank you. Did not notice that before. I think I should find SATA SSD, but if I have NVMe SSD in my hand I'll let you know if that works 😁

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, if you can get your hands on a NVMe SSD to experiment with for free, you have nothing to lose by trying it.

There are instances where the service manuals are not always 100% accurate.

For example, this manual for the 15-ccxxx model series indicates that only SATA M.2 SSD's are supported.

HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

However, it is a known fact that a NVMe SSD works just fine in the 15-cc1xx model series.

And this manual for the same model series indicates that NVMe SSD's are supported in both the 15-cc1xx model series and the 15-cc6xx model series.

HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

So, when folks with a 15-cc6xx notebook use the second manual and install a NVMe SSD, it doesn't work.

HP Recommended

So I used Western Digital 1TB SSD NVMe with M key (WD SDBPNPZ-1T00-1006A) and it works. I didn’t finish setup and didn’t do any additional test, just saw it in BIOS and started windows setup

If anyone need to see how SSD slot looks, here you go

A97208EB-1DD2-4A4B-809A-C0CAB137888D.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.