Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0041ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to change the RAM on my laptop HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0041ur memory (Kingston FURY 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz CL20 Impact) will this memory fit my laptop?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I do not recommend installing performance or gaming memory with a faster CL speed than the standard CL speed for the memory.

DDR4-3200 memory has a standard CL speed of 22.

Most likely the CL 20 memory won't work because your notebook's BIOS cannot be adjusted to the faster CL 20 speed and the result will either be poor performance, blue screens, or the notebook won't boot up at all.

I recommend that you select DDR4-3200 memory with a CL 22, or DDR4-2666 MHz memory with a CL of 19.

Your notebook's processor can only run the memory at a max speed of 2666 MHz, so a DDR4-3200 will automatically bridge to 2666 MHz.

Personally, I recommend that you install one of the compatible Crucial memory chips they indicate are compatible with your notebook.

Either of these:

16 GB:

2666 MHz

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA266 | Crucial.com

3200 MHz

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA32A | Crucial.com

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure:

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP a...

The manual indicates the max memory is 2 x 8 GB, but I am pretty sure that it will support 32 GB because Crucial indicates they have compatible 16 GB memory chips.

You can also do this to see how much memory your notebook can support:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.