Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G62x-400 CTO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey guys, need to get the Keyboard Off this laptop so that I can Service it.  Here to find a good Service Manual that will help me, or if someone has the trick to get it off that would be great.  I found some online and they look official but the directions are no good.  I hope these are not official Service Manuals?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02102005

Here is the one I was using at manualslib.com

https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf3/55/5466/546524-hp/g62400__notebook_pc.pdf?a2027482242c85442226a9a7...

I cannot get the Keyboard off as there are no little tabs on the Left and Right shown in the manual but not found by the eye or little screwdriver.  This one is real baffling to me and don't want to do any damage.  Please help, the Manual online for this one is no good and not a Service Manual as far as I can see.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you very much Huffer for being such a dedicated HP Expert!  I always struggle with these darn laptops and their flimsy plastic construction.  I was using the same Manual but it will be better using it from the HP site, thanks.  I saw that manual at one point but was not sure if it was the same as what I needed.  

There is a real problem with these manuals, and it was impossilbe for me to do it they way they suggested.  The keys are real close to the edge of the base of the keyboar and was scetchy to do it that way IMO.  I endeded up getting the keyboard off with the "Poke from the back holes method" at the top of the keyboard area, in the center.  This allowed the board to flex in the middle and up, which allowed the little tabs on the sides to just pop right out!  I was hesitant to do it this way as it was not suggested in the Manual, and did not want to damage keyboard.

All done thanks.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is the Service Manual:

Manuals

start on p. 57

Its been a while since I have done one of these but the tabs are little flanges in the case opening for the keyboard and you just kind of pry the sides out a little to release the keyboard and then you can lift the back edge. Be sure you have all the screws out. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Huffer for being such a dedicated HP Expert!  I always struggle with these darn laptops and their flimsy plastic construction.  I was using the same Manual but it will be better using it from the HP site, thanks.  I saw that manual at one point but was not sure if it was the same as what I needed.  

There is a real problem with these manuals, and it was impossilbe for me to do it they way they suggested.  The keys are real close to the edge of the base of the keyboar and was scetchy to do it that way IMO.  I endeded up getting the keyboard off with the "Poke from the back holes method" at the top of the keyboard area, in the center.  This allowed the board to flex in the middle and up, which allowed the little tabs on the sides to just pop right out!  I was hesitant to do it this way as it was not suggested in the Manual, and did not want to damage keyboard.

All done thanks.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.