Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv4t-1400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am attempting to replace the old fan that is causing overheating malfuntion, to do this I need to disasemble a lot of the components (I found a Youtube video for this) but can't get the battery out they way it is supposed to. It is an oversized battery that sticks out from the bottom and overlaps the opening (on back side). I guess I can just start unscrewing everything, but wanted to make sure I didn't break the latch which won't slide at all.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have to use a little muscle. They can get stuck. Get a big screwdriver with a big flat tip and place on the latch and then push hard toward opening the battery latch and see if you can't unjam it. 

Also grab hold of that part of the battery that sticks up and try pushing up and down on it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You have to use a little muscle. They can get stuck. Get a big screwdriver with a big flat tip and place on the latch and then push hard toward opening the battery latch and see if you can't unjam it. 

Also grab hold of that part of the battery that sticks up and try pushing up and down on it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks so much, at first I couldn't do it, but with a little help from someone with stronger hands than me, I got it out unbroken. When I get it all disasembled maybe I can clean it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.