Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre USB-C Travel Dock
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I bought my new Computer, HP ENvy x360 Comvertible 15, I simultaniously bought a HP Spectre USB-C Travel Adapter in the hopes I could power the later and from that power the computer. I also bought a power adapter that goes with the travel dock.

According to the product home page there should be no problem with the adapter powering the computer. The power adapter is strong enough and the computer is compatible with the Travel Adapter, but it still won't charge. As soon as I unplug the ordinary power cable to the computer it's not charging.

What am I doing wrong, or is the information on HPs home page wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gnilreb,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the travel dock is not charging the laptop.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

This can occur after performing the following sequence:

1. Connect the power source to the computer.
  2. Dock the computer to a dock with a different power source (with the capability to provide sufficient power to the computer).
  3. Unplug the power source from the computer.
  4. Observe the computer is not being charged while it is docked.

To recover from this issue, unplug and then reconnect the power source to the dock

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the solution but sadly it didn't work.  😞

HP Recommended

Appreciate you trying the steps @Gnilreb

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.