Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15 notebook pc 15-r062tu
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello!

I am having HP 15 notebook  pc 15-r062tu with window 8 (64-bit) installed. when i plug in the charger, it says  0% available (PLugged in, not Charging). i have tried running HP Battery Check .It shows the following result.

nitin.png

Can you tell what is the problem with my Battery?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the software that is trying to communicate with the smart chip inside the battery can't specify the problem nether can we. However, the end result is pretty easy to figure out. The battery needs to be replaced. The question is who is going to pay for it and if you are under warranty HP wil, but if not, you will have to buy it. We are happy to help with purchase suggestions and links if you tell us what country you live in. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If the software that is trying to communicate with the smart chip inside the battery can't specify the problem nether can we. However, the end result is pretty easy to figure out. The battery needs to be replaced. The question is who is going to pay for it and if you are under warranty HP wil, but if not, you will have to buy it. We are happy to help with purchase suggestions and links if you tell us what country you live in. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem.. I bought a new battery, its working perfectly now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.