Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my laptop in the US. In India, I was using an adapter with my charger to charge my laptop. Now my charger is not working. When I used to charge my laptop it used to get overheated. Is t okay to use an Indian hp charger? I am currently using an Indian charger I think this is also getting heated. Please help me out with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@manasa-gavini As mentioned here, it's recommended that you switch back to the factory shipped 45Watt Charger to be on a safer side, as the 65watt charger may cause issues in the long run as it's not designed for this device, I hope that helps!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@manasa-gavini,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can use an Indian HP charger for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

You can use an Indian HP charger on your computer as long as it is of the same capacity (same Wattage). You will find the wattage information on the charger or on the product specifications page for your computer.

You can check the specification of your computer from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. But please can you tell me what is the wattage of HP ENVY x360 - 15t-aq200 CTO and suggest me which other Indian laptop model's charger I can use. Please.

HP Recommended

@manasa-gavini,

Your computer was shipped with 45-Watt HP Smart AC adapter. Please refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05747649

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was using a charger of 65 Watts ever since my laptop charger of 45 watts stopped working. The charger used to get heated up so much. I feel the 65-watt one is at least better than that. 

And I seriously appreciate your effort and thank you so much for your quick reply.

HP Recommended

@manasa-gavini,

You're welcome.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

If this helps, please mark the post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please tell me whether I can continue using a 65 watt charger or no.

HP Recommended

@manasa-gavini As mentioned here, it's recommended that you switch back to the factory shipped 45Watt Charger to be on a safer side, as the 65watt charger may cause issues in the long run as it's not designed for this device, I hope that helps!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please tell me where i can find it in India? 

HP Recommended

@manasa-gavini,

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in ordering the charger for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.