Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 14-bf107ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My charger is damaged it was 65watt when i ask my hp branch here for another charger he found only 90watt is it good to use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@HosamAyoub, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Pavilion - 14-bf107ne Product Specifications

Now the computer will only use the Watt necessary for operation. So you could even use a 200W power supply with your PC and the PC will still only use less than 65W. The problem is when you use a lower Wattage adapter on a computer that needs higher Wattage. So if we use a 45W adapter on a 90W system, there is a risk of overheating (usually the power supply). 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@HosamAyoub, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Pavilion - 14-bf107ne Product Specifications

Now the computer will only use the Watt necessary for operation. So you could even use a 200W power supply with your PC and the PC will still only use less than 65W. The problem is when you use a lower Wattage adapter on a computer that needs higher Wattage. So if we use a 45W adapter on a 90W system, there is a risk of overheating (usually the power supply). 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.