Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since a few months, my laptop (hp evy 13, about 4 years old) has been showing a lot of problems related to charge. Basically, it doesn't stay connected in charge, it keeps connecting and unconnecting even though i don't even touch the cable. Sometimes when I plug in the charger, the computer becomes unbearably slow, to the point where it will freeze with just one word document open. And last of all, sometimes it doesn't charge when plugged in and switched off, leaving me with an uncharged laptop the morning after and screwing with my day (i don't have access to power outlets while in class).

I have tried plugging it again and again, making the battery uncharge completely and then recharging it, I've checked the whole cable and it's not damaged, I haven't tried with another charger cos I don't have another one in the house.

At this point I'm desperate for a solution because my laptop is near to unusable like this.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gaia14  suggest you perform a test and calibrate the battery using the steps mentioned in this link: click here,

Once done, if the issue persists, please perform a test on the ac adapter: click here for steps.

Update the BIOS, Chipset and graphics card drivers to resolve the performance issues, and get back to us with the results.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.