Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP X3000 Wireless Mouse

Hi,

I need to take apart a HP X3000 Wireless Mouse to clean up the scroll wheel. I found the screw which allow me to open up the back side of the mouse but I couldn't find how to dissasemble  both parts to get access internally. How can I do that ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Dear @Corobori

Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum

Please be informed that this device will be replaced if there is a hardware issue with no much troubleshooting based on the warranty. We only have the user guide for this prodcut in the HP site for your reference

You may have a look at the guide: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-x3000-wireless-mouse/5246561/manuals

Note: No repair process/options are available in HP for this product

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I had seen the user's manual before but it doesn't give any clue on how to remove the disassemble the mouse. I searched Youtube but none appears to have published anything about it. 

HP Recommended

You are absolutely right!!

We dont have any official video for removing / repairing / replacing for this device

I will consider your query as an opportuntiy and I will pass on your feeback internally to the team concerned

I will ensure the changes will be implemented in the near future. Thanks in advance!

I really hope that this has helped you to certain extent, please feel free to contact me again if you need any help

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

You are not supposed to fix it !!!!!
If you put the HP X3000  belly-up, there is one screw visible. The other screw is under the top-left slide-pad hidden.
If both screws and batterie are removed you can lift/slide it open.
When you put it together there is no mechanical reason for the hidden screw: leave it out, it is easyer next time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.