Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade the CPU on my star wars special edition hp pavilion notebook, and possibly the graphics chip if possible. It has intel core i5-6200u, for the graphics device it has intel(R) HD graphics 520. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor and graphics adapter are integral parts of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded unless you replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual that would come with a better processor and graphics adapter.

You would also need to buy a new heat sink.

When all is said and done (assuming you can find the parts you need), it will have been a very expensive endeavor.

HP Recommended

In this labtop the processer is not integral, I already know how to remove it, just don't know what "upgrade is compatible with this labtop

HP Recommended

Any Intel processor that ends in a 'U' means that is soldered to the motherboard.

Intel® Core™ i5-6200U Processor

Package Specifications

Sockets Supported 
FCBGA1356

The “BGA” part of BGA1356 means Ball Grid Array, where the CPU is soldered to the motherboard.

I don't know of any notebook that comes with a removable processor beyond the Intel 4th gen core series.

You will have enter your notebook's model number or product number in the HP support site and find the service manual for it.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Official HP® Support

You will find the answer to your question in the service manual.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.