Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17m-bw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy 17m, Windows 10 Home - 64bit

When I attempt to address Critical Alerts received from HP, I click on the link and sign in on the site.  There is always a pop-up box re:  fixing Windows 10 update issues and fixing printer spooler service errors.  Why???  When I attempt to determine how to resolve the Critical Alert issue, there is always a long list of computer models.  So, I can never determine what to do.  Consequently I have never resolved any Critical Alert issues.  How do I deal with this constant HP pop-up, and how to I determine how to resolve the Critical issue, please?

If my Windows 10 updates are having issues, how do I know that?

There must be a simpler way to accomplish this.  My product is registered.  I assume if I get an alert there is something that needs to be addressed.  Why must I be a detective to resolve the issue.  If my product is affected, then the link should directly give me a download, or whatever is necessary, to resolve the issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dgfchaumont wrote:

HP Envy 17m, Windows 10 Home - 64bit

When I attempt to address Critical Alerts received from HP, ...

@dgfchaumont 

Firstly you need to be sure Alerts are from HP, not from Scammers. If they are REAL from HP, what is the messages of those alerts ?

Please check HPSA (HP Support Assistant) on your machine to see messages for your machine. For example

alerts.png

The above updates and messages are for my REAL machine right now. I can do later or do now and HPSA should handle this for me.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Thank you for your assistance.  As you suggested, I tried to open my HP Support Assistant.  However, it would not open and was no longer listed in my programs, even though the icon remained in my task bar.  So I had to download it again, as this is not the first time that it has disappeared from my computer.  The HP Support Assistant had messages for me to read and act upon, but none are like the Critical Alert emails I receive.  I believe the emails are, in fact, from HP as the link I click on opens up a window titled HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06408273?hprpt_id=HPGL_ALERTS_2044274&jumpid=em_alerts_us-us_... Perhaps, if you use this link, you will be able to see to what I am referring.  If so, please let me know how or if I should proceed.  Thank you, again.
HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.