Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've recently been experiencing hardware issues with my HP Envy x360 in the form of a right crooked hinge.

As you can see in the images, while one of the hinges (the left hinge) is in its normal position and works fine, the right hinge is completely uneven.

As a result, using it has become much more worrisome. Whenever I close my laptop screen, it rests uneven (it doesn't even close the full way) and when I do use my laptop, the screen is uneven and if the screen tilts back too far (my laptop should be able to flip around to be used in tablet mode) it makes a worrying popping sound.  So much so that I'm constantly worried that if I push it back too far or whenever I shut it that the hinge may become stuck or permanently damaged when I next try to open it.

I received this laptop on the 28th September 2018 (just over 2 years ago) and I've never once dropped it or damaged it in a way that I can imagine would cause this.

So, I was wondering if it was at all possible for me to have my laptop picked up, have the hinge repaired/readjusted and then returned, seeing as I also purchased the 'HP 3 Year Pickup and Return Notebook Service' and it should fall under the warranty?

Thank you.img1.jpgimg2.jpgimg3.jpgimg4.jpgimg5.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

We are not able to accept a warranty claim here. You have to start the process here.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en

Enter serial number (don't post here) and follow prompts and you will eventually receive contact information to attempt to arrange for warranty repair. No promises as to the outcome but here is the process. Good luck. Post back here if you run into problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.