Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
DV6 3250us

Hi! I have a DV6 3250us that I just upgraded and will be giving away to someone who needs it. The issue? I took pictures during disassembly, but now that I am putting it back together, the screws PM2.5x5 and PM2.5x6 look so similar in the images I have no clue which went where.  And to make matters worse, the Maintenance guide for the 3250 does not state screw sizes, so I have to try to guestimate where each goes. 

I cannot afford to damage this laptop, so am hoping I can be directed toward: (1) a more advanced assembly guide for this model, or (2) get assistance via the image I have attached below.  In a way it is like a puzzle, but the numbers just aren't matching up.

Thank you for any and all help you can provide!!!

Christian

Screw Diagram  for DV6 3250usScrew Diagram for DV6 3250us

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There is no better written guide than the Maintenance and Service Manual. 

Unfortunately you are correct that the Manual:

Manual

does not state screw sizes. You might pick it up from a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4d5FB7h5iU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMK-OGsuFA4

Unfortunately screw management is the key to successful laptop repair and if you have videos you have to go back and review them and try to see what screw came from where. 

HP Recommended

Thank you!

These helped figure out the placement of the silver screws. So I'm getting there! I have come accross a lot of videos that are in Russian/not english as a result of seeing your videos and I think I've observed the correct placement on the outside. 

However, I have ZERO clue where the 14mm screw goes... it almost seems too long to even go anywhere.

Thank you again, and once I figure this out I will post a solution with diagram for others.

Christian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.