Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

DVDWBD TS-LB23L won't play DVD's after Windows upgrade.  Unfortunately, I can't find a reliable or trusted driver for this device.  The error message that I am experiencing within Device Manager is:

• Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Unfortunately, when I attempt to perform a driver update from the web, I am being prompted by windows has found the latest or best driver for this device.

This seems to be a common question asked both within this community forum as well as externally via google searches, but the locations that are being provided for driver downloads appear unsafe, to say the least.

Can you please reply or post upgrade instructions (for a layman) to download "HP DVDWBD TS-LB23L" drivers and/or firmware.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You are not going to find a driver for it in the normal way. Optical drives do not generally require a driver it is a native part of the operating system. The error is likely related to driver signature enforcement. Here is an article that has several proposed fixes. One of them is to disable secure boot and one other is just to turn off driver signature enforcement:

https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-usb-error-code-52-windows-cannot-verify-the-digital-signature/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.