Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello HP,

Actually im trying to contact HP Globe or HP Middle East or both as my problem is that my laptop battery is dead for almost 7 months, so i went to the official HP service center here in Egypt for a battery change like any normal laptop but unfortunately & surprisingly they replied by that i should pay 100% of the amount of the battery & wait for 4 to 5 months to receive the battery as they dont have a stock & the supplier in Dubai doesnt have stock either & found that almost all my laptop parts isn't available in the Country at all and should order them & wait for month's. here is my laptop data,

Model: HP 

Product Name : OMEN X BY HP LAPTOP 17-AP003ne

Product No. : 3YA34EA#ABV

Laptop Serial No. : [personal information removed]

Battery HP Spare Number : 925149-855

CT : 6GJE04TZ911F5 

I really dont know who to contact as i'm really bothered for such an issue, how come spare parts isn't available in the official service center & how come i have to wait for such a long period to receive a part for my laptop.

Thank for your time.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Shereef418,

Welcome to our peer-to-peer HP Community Forum!

As you mentioned, the battery you need for your laptop has p/n: 925149-855 "Assembly-battery 6C 99Wh 4.55Ah LI DG06XL".

You can purchase a quality DG06XL replacement battery online, such as through Pricena-Egypt: https://eg.pricena.com/en/search/?s=925149-855, or any other e-Commerce site convenient for you to use in your country.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

the problem is that i want the original battery from Hp as the other brands are not as good as the original one & i dont want to have the risk on damaging any of the laptop components.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@ShereefRefaat,

HP does no longer manufacture, stock or sell the OEM battery.

The non-OEM batteries are exceedingly unlikely to damage your laptop or any of its electronic components.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

fine, but the short sad story is that it is not even available here in Egypt & i should wait for an unkown time to ship it from an unauthorised dealer, so my problem here is why the authorised HP service center doesnt have stock in Egypt for any part of the laptop not only the battery plus why do i have to wait so long for a part. 

I've made a complain to HP globe & had a complain ID & submitted a ticket for finding any solution for that.

HP Recommended

You can complain but HP does not stock all parts for all the laptops it has ever made in every location it does business and particularly for batteries, stops handling them at all after a couple years from product introduction. They sell laptops and repair them under warranty but are not a parts warehouse. Here is the battery:

https://www.amazon.it/PUGASR-DG06XL-Compatible-925149-855-HSTNN-DB8G/dp/B0BZKYTXNW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?_...

Replacement is relatively easy and is an authorized procedure for end users. See p. 31 of the Manual here:

Service Manual 

Sometimes we just have to be our own service center. 

HP Recommended

mmm.. so i buy a new laptop from HP then use it for a year or 2 or maybe more & it is time to replace the battery so i dig around to find a local shop to replace my laptop battery because Hp does not store laptop batteries in their service center all around the world,& takes forever to ship it to you as if the laptop will wait for you, kinda weird why would i sell a laptop in a country where i cannot cover its spare parts where also the laptop is like 5 years old & not that old laptop that you cannot find its spare parts because it aged. 

I didnt ask Hp service center to store batteries even here in Egypt but when i asked them how much time would it take to ship the battery to Egypt they said 6-8 weeks & once i payed the full price they told me it is out of stock & i should wait for 4 to 5 months , really ?!

I think it is like buying a new car where you should go to the authorised service center for waranty, the center should provide all spare sparts & if it is not available they should ship it in no time or he'll lose the customer credibility, why would i buy a brand that i cannot find its spare parts when it needs to, as it will need those parts after a year or 2 or 3 or whateven not in the same year i bought the laptop in.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I guess it is more rewarding to be upset than to find a solution. We do not work for HP we are fellow end users and try to provide answers based on the world as it is. Good luck to you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.