Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the latest Windows 10 feature update, the "Detection Verification" device on my laptop no longer works and issues a Code 31. I uninstalled the device and removed the driver and found that there is no driver to replace it. Where can I find the driver to the "Detection Verification" device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This driver comes from the Realtek Audio driver installation. Install the latest audio driver package and it adds the driver, or at least it did for me on our Spectre x360 systems.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Between the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver and the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver, one of these driver setups unzipped an appropriate driver somewhere on c:\swsetup. I was able to manually install the driver from one of that folder's subfolders after running the above mentioned driver package setups.

Sorry I don't have any more details.

HP Recommended

@dlin04

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, after Windows 10 feature update, the "Detection Verification" device stopped working,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Let's download and run Intel® Driver & Support Assistant from the link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html.

Also, perform updates from HP Support Assistant and Windows Update 🙂

Let me know how this goes,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

This driver comes from the Realtek Audio driver installation. Install the latest audio driver package and it adds the driver, or at least it did for me on our Spectre x360 systems.

HP Recommended

Installing the latest Realtek audio driver did nothing on my Win10 ZBook.

HP Recommended

@Dlin04 - The only driver between the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and the Intel Management Engine driver is the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framerwork driver.

This driver unpackaged to C:\SWsetup\sp84989 and installed driver version 8.3.10207.5567

I've just installed this and nothing has changed in relation to the Detection Verification item.

HP Recommended

i've downloaded the intel using the link given, and also update my hp. however i still have problems in detecting the verification drive. i've tried to troubleshoot but to no avail. the status obviously state that i need to update the drive. but i dont know why its still doesnt change the status after all the updates

HP Recommended

Hi Shisi,

It seems there is no solution for this problem, for me at least. HP Support are unable to resolve - no surprise - but I have noticed this problem is not having any noticeable effect for the day-to-day operation of my laptop so I have left it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.