Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au007nx (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop suddenly turned off yesterday and I was unable to turn it on. The power led is on but the display is blank, I checked with the external monitor and even the external monitor display stood blank. Then I plugged a flash drive to the right side 3.0 port and tried to turn on and the system turned on. but none of my USB ports are detecting. only the right 3.0 port shows as USB mass storage is attached but anything plugged in that port is inaccessible. I tried shutting down my laptop and turn it on. it only turns on if a flash drive is plugged in right side 3.0 port. otherwise, the display stays black.

I tried these

1. Resetting PC
  2. Updating bios
  3. updating drivers
  4. Uninstalled the USB hubs
  5. checked for virus and malware

But nothing worked. Can anybody please help me!

Upgrades specs - Samsung 860 Evo SSD

1.png2.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@jobin481

Your 2nd drive (Disk 1) appears as having no free space which can indicate a corrupted/failed drive. Not sure if that is due to the  issues with laptop or if it is the cause of issues. I would remove it and see if any changes in behavior of laptop.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

It has 115GB of free space. and the SSD has 142GB but it shows wrong in diskpart!

7.PNG

HP Recommended

That looks much better- but still doesn't help with the boot issue. Try this to see if diskpart reports correctly:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2404649/bytes-free-showing-diskpart.html#r14744813

HP Recommended

Thank you for the link. but I don't think the problem is with the flash drive because nothing is detecting like other flash drives, external HDD. the system blackout is the main issue. it wont start without connecting the USB flash drive. and none of the ports aren't working

HP Recommended

Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This will open a menu where F2 System Diagnostics is an option. Tap F2 key and run the tests.

HP Recommended

These are the results.

IMG_20180903_153717.jpgIMG_20180903_153005.jpgIMG_20180903_151820.jpg

HP Recommended

unable to add pictures... can you help me to sort out this issue

HP Recommended

@jobin481

Evidently your USB ports have failed. The error code you got tranlates only as USB Failure (unspecified). You may be able to replace the I/O usb board which is listed as part number 856370-001 in your Maintenance and Service Guide. A google search will turn up results no doubt.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-au000-notebook-pc-series/10862158/model/11804504...

HP Recommended

But the main problem is not the USB ports, my system turns on only if I connected a USB 2.0 flash drive to my right side USB 3.0 port as you can see in the pic. the system stays blank (black screen), with the power button led turned on if I didn't connect the flash drive. I can send you a video if you need more clarification.

iu.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.