Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Docking station query

HP Recommended
hp pavilion 14-ce0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a hp pavilion 14-ce0 and would like to run dual monitors, can you tell which dock is compatible with this laptop.  I would also like to have the dock power the laptop as well so I don't have two pawer cables.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
43,990 43,776 7,025 12,383
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Powering the laptop is not going to happen. You have no ports which will allow connection of a usb-C power delivery dock. And your usb-C port is data only so will not carry a video signal. You need a USB 3.0 dock with DisplayLink technology allowing a video signal over plain old USB. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wavlink-Universal-Docking-Ethernet-Ultrabook/dp/B075T6D9PF/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?...

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hellpo,

Thanks for the information, i think i need to upgrade my laptop to the EliteBook series.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation