cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Docking station question

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cf1051od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have a HP notebook with the following spec/model

HP Notebook - 14-cf1051od
My notebook
Product number: 6GS22UA#ABA

[personal information removed]

I don't see a provision for a docking station on the back. Does this model not support a docking station?

Besides the 2x USB and 1x mini USB, i see a provision for a HDMA & a memory SD card. There is at least one more port that I can't quite figure out. Any suggestions? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
43,932 43,718 7,010 12,353
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe been a while since you had a new computer? Consumer laptops just do not support docking stations any more. HP has not had a clip-down powered docking station on the consumer lines in years. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

External ports are identified on p. 7 and 8. The port you ask about may be the wired network RJ-45 port. 

If you want expansion as with a docking station you will have to use a USB "port replicator". A true "docking station" powers the laptop and also has a switch to turn it on and off. You would not have those features but could add extra monitors, external keyboard and mouse, speakers, etc. 

Post back if you want to discuss specifics.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, no i have had to replace the laptops almost every year (unfortunately) since they seem to break down. My previous one was also an HP that had battery/power issues. Anyways, you're correct that I have not attempted to gain additional ports via a docking station (as i do with my work laptop, also an HP).

I will look at the pages you recommend. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation