Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 640 G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I just bought a ProBook 640 G8 and thought my old docking station, auniversal dock G2 would work since it worked like a charm on my old laptop.

It turns out it doesn't.

As soon as I plug it in, it is recognized but my screens keep turning on and off.

Does anyone have a solution on how to get it to work?

Or can you point me to a compatible docking station?

My requirements for a docking station is one with 2xhdmi and minimum 3 USB connectors.

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have installed the Displaylink drivers for the dock

https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-usb-c-a-universal-dock-g2/27767208/swI...

Let us know,

David

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for replying late.

Unfortunately, this did not help.

Also tried a firmware update on the docking station and BIOS as well, which was a no-go.

Question is, what other docking station would work?

The clients office has an 120 w thunderbolt docking station as spare.

Think it was a G4.

Would that one work on this Probook?

The client needs to be able to dock and use 2xhdmi (with or without DP adapters).

The dock worked like a sharm on his older hp laptop (pavilion 14-ce2802no) but not on this one! 😕

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.