Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have recently recieved my HP Split X2 back from HP last week because the docking station would charge but the computer would not and now it's the opposite. I turned on my computer it was working fine, I plug it in to charge and i notice that the battery icon didnt change to charging so i unplugged it and plugged it back in and nothing so i undock the computer and that charges just fine i place it back and next thing i know it shuts off on me. i press the power button and nothing but when I hold it down the Windows button on the computer stays glowing if i continue to hold the power button and if i undock it the led light is red. Also if i have it plugged it the windows button will flash 4 times and on the 4th time itll stay lit up until i release it I just got my computer back and  it's acting up again i would really appreciate a way to fix this 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @daniel9909 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Daniel9909,

try plugging one of your 18.5 volt chargers into the onboard port in your laptop and then plug the other 18.5 volt charger in the back of the docking station.  restart you laptop a few time while using the power button to boot the laptop and see if the lights come on. if not unplug, replug, and try again. this has worked many times for me.

-Techjunky

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.