Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs0073cl

I have a laptop HP Pavilion - 15-cs0073cl which I purchased 1.5 years ago. I want to add SSD to this laptop. Will it be possible to add SSD keeping 1 TB harddisk as it is - i.e. both the hard disks active? 

If it is supported, which SSD is recommended? Also, can I add this SSD or do I have to take my laptop to HP support?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @PrashantG 

Your series did come with an M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's. But you need to open the case and make sure the slot is soldered into the board first. Sometimes if a model did not have that drive from factory, the slot might have been left out.

You can have both drives installed but sometimes windows doesn't play well with two bootable drives of Windows. You will have to see how it goes. You could wipe the HDD and use it strictly for storage if not.

m.2 slot  15-ce000.JPG

your manual... page 54 http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06248419

Any brand M.2 drive at 2280mm length and capacity will work. Samsung is the favorite among users. If you have questions about a certain drive, let us know.

Is this what you needed to know?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.