Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ck069tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I want to upgrade my laptop with 

Western Digital SN750 NVMe 1TB Solid State Drive with Heatsink (Black)

but not sure will it get fit into my laptop as it has bit extra height due to heatsink panel.

Can someone has idea whether it will get fit or not?

And also is there any way to get mounting screw for SSD from motherboard, I mean is there any spear screw available on motherboard which I can use to fix m.2 SSD?

Thanks,

Chan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Chan15637 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to install the 1TB SSD.

I have checked the manual ( page number 2).

Your product will not support 1TB SSD.

Solid-state drive: Support for the following solid-state drives:

● 512-GB, M.2, Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe), Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) solid-state drive

● 512-GB, M.2, SATA solid-state drive with triple level cell (TLC)

● 360-GB, M.2, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive with TLC

● 256-GB, M.2, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive

● 256-GB, M.2, SATA solid-state drive with TLC

● 128-GB, M.2, SATA solid-state drive with TLC

But we can't tell if https://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/wd-black-sn750-heatsink2.jpg  < this will fit in or not, as that's not tested by HP, our personal opinion is to check with a local tech to be on the safer side.

There is no additional screw in the motherboard. You have to purchase it from the local stores.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.